For Windows Phone.
Sep 9, 2013 00:00:00 UTC
Jan 31, 2014 23:59:59 UTC
You’re a great developer, but maybe you’re unsure about what app to develop next. Don’t sweat it, we’re giving you a pool of ideas. Pick up to two ideas and turn them into an app or game for WP7.8 or WP8 for a sweet XP boost.
Last year we ran an app competition for consumers, where they submitted ideas about the apps they’d like to see on Nokia Lumia smartphones. The best of these ideas are now available to you, so you can show off your coding skills by bring these ideas to life in your best app or game.
In this challenge, first check out all the ideas that were submitted by consumers and choose up to two ideas that you would like to turn into a new app or game for Windows Phone.
In order to be accepted for this challenge, your new app or game must:
- Use an idea found on the Idea2App website.
- Follow Windows Phone UI guidelines.
- Use Fast App Resume; which must demonstrate resume to a screen other than the app’s home/start screen.
- Include a Primary or Secondary Live Tile, which must flip; cycle; animate; count; or update in any manner with data; images; or text.
- Be first published on the Windows Phone Store after the Challenge’s start date but before the Challenge’s end date.
- Include an English language localization.
- NOT be a static app i.e. an app with information about one entity and some pictures will not be eligible.
In addition, your app must include at least two of the following features:
- Nokia Imaging SDK
- Lens API
- Here Maps SDK
- Background Location
- Nokia Music SDK
- Background Music
- Speech – TTV (Text to Voice) or VTT (Voice to Text)
- Lock Screen Notification
- Custom Protocols (App2App & Custom URL Schemes)
- Search Extensibility
You may earn XP from up to two (2) apps in this challenge, once you have earned XP two (2) times you’ll no longer be able to submit apps to this challenge.
Apps submitted to this challenge and awarded XP will not be accepted for any other New App or New Game challenge, but can be resubmitted for Update and Quality challenges.
Please remember to allow time for your app or game to be published in Windows Phone Store and display on DVLUP.com. You’re responsible for ensuring that your apps and games are submitted on time.