For Windows Phone.
Sep 5, 2013 00:00:00 Utc
Dec 31, 2013 23:59:59 Utc
Are you a student learning to develop Windows Phone apps? Now you can get an extra boost, with 300 XP for your first (or next) new app or game for WP7.8 or WP8 published in Windows Phone Store.
To confirm that you are a student you must have registered in the Microsoft Windows Phone Dev Center using a DreamSpark token.
If you don't have a DreamSpark token, indicate that you need one and provide a scanned copy of your valid college ID card by sending an email to QA.firstname.lastname@example.org. Also join the Microsoft App Builders Club and avail of free technical and design support from App Lab
Then, to be eligible for the 300 XP your app or game must:
• Employ Fast App Switching.
• Include all 3 sizes of Tile.
• Follows Windows Phone UI guidelines.
• If it’s for WP8, it must support ALL WP8 resolutions.
• NOT be a static app i.e. an app with information about one entity and some pictures will not be eligible.
• Be new and first published on the Windows Phone Store after the Challenge’s start date but before the Challenge’s end date.
• Include an English language localization.
Apps submitted to this challenge and awarded XP will not be accepted for any other New App or New Game challenge, but can be resubmitted for Update and Quality challenges.
Please remember to allow time for your app or game to be published in Windows Phone Store and display on DVLUP.com. You’re responsible for ensuring that your apps and games are submitted on time.