For Windows Phone.
Jan 13, 2014 00:00:00 Utc
Jan 31, 2014 23:59:59 Utc
Create a version of one of your existing apps or games for Windows 8.1, get it in store and a handy 250XP boost towards your next reward will be on its way.
The common development platform between Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8.1 offers a great opportunity to extend the reach of your apps or games with a small additional effort.
In this challenge you’ll update and port an existing Windows Phone 8 app or game to Windows 8.1 and make the new app available in the Windows Store.
Your Windows Phone 8 app must:
- Employ Fast App Switching.
- Include all 3 sizes of Live Tile where the Live Tile must which must flip; cycle; animate; count; or update in any manner with data; images; or text.
- Support ALL WP8 resolutions.
- For apps, follow the Windows Phone UI Guidelines.
- Have been first published before the challenge start date, then updated after the Challenge’s start date but before the Challenge’s end date.
Your Windows 8.1 app must:
- Use exactly the same name as your Windows Phone 8 app or game.
- Use exactly the same icon as your Windows Phone 8 app or game.
- Include a Live Tile supporting the wide Live Tile, where the Live Tile must which must flip; cycle; animate; count; or update in any manner with data; images; or text.
- First published on the Windows Store after the Challenge’s start date but before the Challenge’s end date.
The app or game submitted to this challenge should enable the user to achieve the same goals on both Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8.1.
The app or game must be your original work. If you incorporate other software to create your app or game, you must comply with the terms and conditions applying to the use of that other software. Direct use of example code supplied by Nokia Developer, as per the code examples’ license agreement, is not permitted.
The Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 app or game submitted to this challenge must include an English language localization and be available in the Windows Phone and Windows US stores.
You can earn XP for one application only in this challenge. Once you have earned XP, you’ll no longer be able to submit apps to this challenge.
The app or game submitted to this challenge and awarded XP will not be accepted for New App or New Game challenges, but can be resubmitted for Update and Quality challenges.
Please remember to allow time for your apps and games to be published in Windows Phone Store and show on DVLUP.com. You are responsible for ensuring that your apps and games are submitted on time and available in both stores at the time your entry is validated.
You can also enter your Windows Phone 8 / Windows 8 companion apps into the Cross-8 Master Mission in the Nokia Create competition. If your app is judged as the best one in this Mission, you will win a trip to Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, 5,000 DVLUP XPs, devices, promotions, a chance to be the Grand Prize winner and much more. 9 runners up will also get a Nokia device and gear. Learn more about Nokia Create here.